Sunday, August 8, 2021

In Closing

 

Well. That's it. My summer of sports lounging is officially over. With the closing ceremonies I am forced back into the real world and where is the fun in that. I did finish plying my Olympic themed fiber. It's about 3 ounces. 



I did have a little thwacking incident. I usually tie off my skeins on all four legs of the niddy noddy but I didn't out of sheer laziness and only tied two. One broke and I had a tangled mess to deal with. 




After I got it into a ball I wound it on the winder to make a cake because cakes travel better. I did a provisional cast on so I could turn it into a lined hat. 

 



I spun it for mitts but it said it wanted to be a hat and you know how that is. Always listen to the yarn. It knows. I need a hat more. 



And....I do believe today is this little guy's 42nd birthday. I could be wrong. I've lost track of how old my kids are these days most likely as a self preservation tactic. This is how I like to remember them. I also remember a very scary 10 days in the hospital when he had a case of pneumonia from nothing more than a bad cold gone wrong. When I see those pediatric Covid numbers rising this is what I think of.  Been there, done that. You don't want it. Keep your babies safe. 







9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your "little" one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forty-one was a good age: so much energy (compared to now) and so many dreams! Happy Birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the yarn--I know how the tangled messes go but at least we know that it is possible to detangle; it just takes time! Looks like a good knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, you were 10 when he was born???
    I hate tangled yarn. It's best to just dive in and get it untangled. If I put it in time out, it never seems to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yarn is beautiful. Happy Birthday to your son. Mine were very, very ill due to Swine flu a few years ago, pneumonia, double pneumonia and pulmonary effusion, nope don't want to go back to that. My middle son was ill last week and has Covid, and he is vaccinated. It was bad for two days but he is better now, still no sense of smell or taste. He is kind of excited about that because now he doesn't want to snack at all. We have not been near him so we are safe so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear that. Wishing him a speedy recovery!

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday little one ; ) .
    It looks like hat colors to me. And if it told you so, you must obey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Olympic yarn - you really nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to your son!
    Everyone should get the vaccination to protect the children...but they are selfish.

    ReplyDelete