Friday, August 13, 2021

Scribble Scrabble

 

I am home now from my house sitting misadventure. I left early yesterday to get ahead of the 110 heat index and any storms and drove straight home feeling awful about what I had left behind me. I had been on a mandala painting binge before I left so I had packed up a box of art supplies to play with in my leisure. Leisure. Ha....


I had bought this little watercolor pad to go with my itty bitty watercolor set for the trip. They are both only a few inches long. 




Before all hell broke loose on Tuesday I was having a good time painting and sketching. 




Drawing is frustrating for me anymore but I did enjoy just doodling with paint to pass the time. I am happy to report that the family got home safe and sound and are already taking the steps needed to clean up the big mess with some tree removal people and some gutter repair folks. Yikes. What a week.






8 comments:

  1. Hope the clean up goes quickly.

    Your watercolors are very sweet. They would make good cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everyone is safe! And home!! Hope this heat ends soon. It is miserable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can rest up from your 'resting' at the house sitting! The little watercolor cards look very fun! I would use them for postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your little abstract masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a crazy week. Glad you are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had SOME fun along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. This was supposed to be a restful time!
    THank God you were not hurt in any way. IT sounds like it was frightening

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too critical of your drawing skills...but sometimes you have to do what ever strikes your artistic mood! Glad you are home safely:) Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete