Saturday, August 14, 2021

Chilling Out

 

It's still hot as blazes out but it felt good to have a lap full of quilt while hiding out in the AC. I've got one side done now. Three to go. 



I also did a little paper piecing while watching all the Jane Fonda movies on TCM yesterday. You've got to do something to get through these awful dog days. You can't set foot outside. 



I finished one more row. I'm not sure how many more I will do. I'm not sure of anything right now. I know it's going to be a table runner of some sort but that's about it. 



Here's that back shot that I love. You can see some of the papers are starting to fall out which isn't a problem if they've already been joined on all sides. It saves you having to pop them all out at the end which can be a real pain. 



9 comments:

  1. Oh my golly! That is a LOT of hand stitching!!! It is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty Debbie. I love it. I've been dying from the heat in the few days since we got home. I acclimated to the UK's gorgeous temperatures very quickly. Ha!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a small hexie project and found it relaxing. Your table runner in progress is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a movie-a-thon and stitching sounds perfect. I am back watching the Gilmore Girls and loving every episode. I so want to live in Stars Hollow and open a yarn shop there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table runner...yes it is warm here too, this afternoon I will have a nap and crochet that is one way to beat the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little hexies. Your patience at putting them together astounds me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a lot of hand stitching but I'm "Oh my golly'ing" over all the ironing that must be involved. Great project to work on indoors though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the quilting is doing great--the hexie runner is superb! I'm ready for a break in the humidity, too!

    ReplyDelete