Sunday, August 29, 2021

Labor of Love

 

I spent all day Tuesday clearing out my dining area so I would have a place to put my cabinets. Now that space looks like this. It's a car load of sewing supplies that I picked up from Dad's recently departed little lady friend's house. 



Her daughter is clearing out her house and wanted me to have her mother's crafty things. There are boxes and boxes of batting and fiber fill.




There were bags of unfinished afghans. 




There are boxes of craft books and quilting magazines. I'm having a good time reading those. 




The big job is to go through the many boxes of material. Her daughter asked me to make her a quilt from the material but most of it is knits and other clothing weights. I do think I have enough for something scrappy in cotton. It's going to be a challenge but I'm looking forward to it. It reminds me of those days when Dad would get be all fired up to make something for someone he wanted to give a gift to. I just have to clear out the sewing room-again. I had to put all that kitchen stuff somewhere. 




8 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! There's sure to be some treasures in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite a haul. Hope you can clear out the sewing room quickly. Looking forward to seeing what you'll make with all that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw ;Daddio memories that are good are the best! I've been ta1king to my mom often these past few weeks. I rea11y miss her. She wou1d have been exhausted with worry about us and COVID. But I pretend she's here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that was sweet of her, hope you can find enough fabric for a keepsake quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is sweet of you to go through her things and try to salvage something It's so sad when craft supplies don't go to a good home, glad hers found you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe a wall hanging or even a bag for her that is quilted. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cabinets arrived????

    Do you think she would be happy with a quilted table runner or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun to have all of the stuff to go through but not to find space for it especially right now with the kitchen dispersed throughout the house! lol

    ReplyDelete