I know I've been complaining about the humidity for days now but when I was packing up my watercolors to go on last week's house sitting adventure I noticed that the gouache set I bought last year was looking rather pitiful.
It used to look like this. It was nice and creamy and a lot of fun to paint with. We keep two dehumidifiers going in the downstairs so it should have been no surprise that they dried up. I don't think the lid was airtight.
I tossed them in the trash before I left and since The Mister hadn't taken out the trash in the craft room I dug them out again when I came home and tried using them like watercolor. I am glad I did because they worked great and were lots of fun to play with.
I'm not the only one having dry paint problems. The Mister has been very frustrated with his latest paint by number set for the same reason. Several of the colors in the little pots are dried out and water did not bring them back to life. He's been subbing them out with some acrylic I had but it's too thin and needs many coats to cover the numbers. We are trying different things to thicken it up but so far nothing's working. Bummer.