Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Eat Your Veggies

 

Even though it was still windy and bitter cold yesterday we had to get out. 



We had the beach to ourselves. Not a soul in sight.  At least it wasn't iced over. Not yet anyway.




I needed to wear Pup out so I could get the little Eat Your Veggies quilt finished. I set the ironing board up in the living room, put her on the couch and sewed all that binding down while she napped. I didn't over quilt this one. I just stitched in the ditch and left it a bit fluffy. I hope that wasn't a mistake and it holds together. 




We haven't seen the latest little Grand this is intended for yet. We are waiting for our NIOSH approved K95 masks to show up from the N95Project. Our rapid tests arrived yesterday. To top it all off we've been in isolation for 9 days. We're not taking any chances and will be ready when Daughter gives us the okay to visit. 



9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh! I sure hope you can visit soon. Love that quilt - very, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks fantastic! That's plenty quilting to keep the batting right where it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt! I am sure it will be treasured by your latest grand! Hope you get to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a sweet little quilt. I like the stitch in the ditch for this one.
    I'll bet Pup was excited to be out and about again. I haven't gone anywhere since Sunday. It's not bothering me a bit. Hopefully this Omicron will start winding down soon with nothing following so you can see that new baby.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eat Your Veggies is adorable, and the fluffy quilting will hold up well - wash after wash. The anticipation will make the first visit even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beach looks cold and foreign! The quilt, on the other hand, looks cuddly warm! I can just picture you the newest grand snuggled together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quilt is so cute. I hope you'll get to deliver it in person soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt! Hope you came meet your family soon. Stay well. V.

    ReplyDelete