About two weeks from Daughter's bridal shower back in 2011 I noticed a boo boo in the middle of the shawl I had made for her. I could have pretended I didn't see it but I did so after an appropriate mourning period I ripped it back and spent day and night re-knitting it to have it done on time.
I was deep into Lillehammer in 2009 when I realized I had left out a whole chart repeat way up top. After I could breathe again it was rip, rip, rip and with colorwork it's never fun.
Not that long ago I frogged a finished Soldotna and re-knit the whole thing in order to improve the fit and the neckline.
Why am I going down this not so nice memory lane? Because when The Mister woke up yesterday morning all bent out of shape about ripping out the wall I knew just how he felt. He wasn't ready. Sometimes your work has to go in time out for a while before you can drag it off to the frog pond and I get that. I also had one horrible headache so instead of ripping out the wall he spent the day raking leaves and I spent the day laying on the couch in the dark listening to audiobooks.
The good news is that my solution for over the stove problem arrived and I love it. I need to give a big thanks to the commenter that suggested it. It's an industrial looking stainless back splash with a decidedly Ikea vibe that will make that area look much better once we get the will to tear it out and start again. It may be a while but you gotta do what you gotta do when the time is right. We've all been there.