We got some of the drywall up yesterday. It took us forever to level out all those twisted studs and to move out those outlets.The back of that wall looks like a patchwork quilt-in wood. We are going to add even more wood at the top so we can attach that heavy stainless steel back splash thingy right to it instead of tile or the drywall. It's slow going but at least The Mister seems to be having some fun with it.
Speaking of reconstruction...I showed off a completed Festive Doodle the other day but when I turned it inside out and sat down to do all the weaving in I made a big decision.
I decided to rip back the cast off edge at the hem and put it back on the needles. Not so much for length but to stop the hem from flipping. I hate ribbed hems that flip. I need at least a 3 inch hem to keep it where it needs to be and Festive Doodle comes up short. I've got plenty of green left over so I thought why not.
Last night I also got around to deconstructing the baby blanket blocks. I've got to cut all those big nine patches in half and them put them all together again to make a disappearing nine patch block. It seems like all I do is take things apart anymore. I just might need a karma adjustment.