Last night we went to the town tree lighting on the pier and I was miserable.
It was cold so I pulled out my heaviest, coziest sweater that for some reason I didn't wash during the big annual handknit washing event a few weeks ago. It's all acrylic so it didn't need a handwash just a toss in the machine but it never got done.
I also pulled out a pair of my big warm mittens that I hadn't washed yet either.....
...and a scarf I haven't warn since last year that also had escaped a bath.
What I got for all that cozy warmth was an epic allergy attack that ruined the night for me. I was an itchy, wheezing mess. I had to come home and take a long hot bath and a big swig of Benadryl. How dumb was I to forget to wash my dusty accessories? Pretty dumb.
The day wasn't a total wash though. Look what showed up in the mail. Another of those amazing pine candles AND the most beautiful chunk of nougat I have ever seen. Thanks so much Momolake! You're the best!!!
I'm sorry your night was ruined by allergies. The woolens are beautiful but definitely need washed don't they? I did the same today with a scarf and sneezed the rest of the evening.ReplyDelete
I hope you feel much better now.
Sorry your night was ruined!ReplyDelete
What a bummer! Bet you never make that mistake again.ReplyDelete
Hope you are feeling better now!ReplyDelete
Bummer! Hope you are feeling better soon.ReplyDelete
The surprise pkg had to save the day--the lights were pretty on the pier!ReplyDelete
Oh no! Hope you're feeling better now. Pesky darn dust!ReplyDelete