Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me

I don't have much to say about turning 59 today. I am not happy but since there's not much I can do about it, I suppose the best thing is to just carry on as usual because suddenly making it to 59 seems like a gift. I did manage to get a bit of needle time in this week. I finished the Graham hat. It was a fast, fun knit and after I figured out the top decreases, it turned out exactly as planned-something that rarely ever happens around here.


I used smaller needles than the pattern called for so I would get a denser, less slouchy hat. I am a little old (sob) for this look but as long as I can squeeze my old lady bun under it, it works for me.


5 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And many,many more>

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Love the hat....it looks toasty warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday !!! Never too old xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Sagittarians United!
    I think the hat looks great. And 59 is not old... 90 is old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old shmold....you are young in your heart...
    be glad.
    The hat looks great on you.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete