Monday, December 3, 2012

December Pilgrimage

As if I didn't get my fill of all things Swedish at the festival yesterday, I convinced The Mister to take a trip to my favorite place on the planet.

Last week when I was making plans for what I was going to do with my Lottery winnings if I had won (I didn't) the first place I was heading to was Ikea. When I die, I want my ashes scattered in the showroom. Just throw a bit here and there under the cushions and rugs and I'll be eternally happy.

I make the trek up to College Park every December to see what Christmas goodies I can add to my already shameful collection of junk. This year, I have to admit, the display was a little sparse. I was underwhelmed until I took a closer look.

Along with the regular traditional Swedish bric-a-brac there were some new things.

There were knitted hearts.

There were also balls of yarn used as ornaments.

 I didn't buy any of the yarnie stuff as it would prove too tempting for the bad house kitties but I did bring home some little glass people, wrapping paper and bottles of unknown drink stuff that I buy every year and never open. This year I am starting a new tradition. I WILL drink some on the 16th which is my birthday. 59. Ugh. I may need something much stronger than this to get over that.


2 comments:

  1. In one more year you can just start counting backwards.....that's what I do! LOL Nothing like a healthy dose of denial to keep a gal's spirits up!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glass ornaments - they are my Mom's favourites, so I'm always on the look out for new ones.

    And age is just a number - in the long run, it really doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete