Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Cleanup

 There wasn't any holiday gift knitting this year to speak of but I was ready for all those messy holiday dishes with my brand new Christmas dishcloth.

The pattern is the terribly popular Grandma's Favorite. I started out with another pattern and quickly realized the back was going to be ugly so I frogged it and started over. I love the clever way this pattern turns into a square just by adding a yarnover in every row.

I blocked it by washing some dishes with it...

  ...and then giving it a good wringing out. The next morning it was dry and ready to tackle the piles of yucky things that came its way. I hated knitting with this stiff cotton ( the decreases were excruciating) but I really want another one to take its place when the holidays are over. I just may have some better quality stuff packed away somewhere so I foresee some stash diving in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. awww perfect post holiday dishes work knit uP!!!!
    NoTHING like a knit dishcloth..my favorite.

    ReplyDelete