Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bah Humbug

Just when I thought this was going to be a rare, smooth sailing holiday filled with love and joy, along comes the whammy that brings me to my cynical senses. Daddio took a monster fall and now has a nasty concussion not to mention a super duper flare up of his COPD that has us in and out of hospitals and doctor's offices on a regular basis. As if this wasn't enough to sour my holiday spirit, my dear old doggie has been in and out of the vets with congestive heart failure. Trying to keep the sweet thing going has been a 24/7 struggle not to mention a severe financial drain. Daddio and Dear Doggie are both hanging in there as I write this but I am not sure how long I am going to make it. As I have said before, Christmas and I have a history and none of it is good.
And by the way, all the happy, sappy posts coming in the following days were pre-written before the sh*t storm life just handed me. I'll be back in real time as soon as I climb out of the dumps.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Dear! I'm so sorry to hear all this!! :-( I sure hope it all calms down and everyone comes through ok! We went through the congestive heart failure thing with Eli's mother a few years back. It did get expensive with the meds but she did really well on them and it was worth it to have her with us for that extra year. Sometimes life sucks! Hang in there and I hope you find your happy place again real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I am so sorry. YOu have all my prayers tonight. YOu don't have to feel Holiday ish...some years are very difficult and we sort of walk through it in a daze
    I hope your dad's nurses are all kind to you. I hope your pup hangs on and I hope someone brings you some cookies

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh holy carp,
    that is just misery.
    praying for daddio and doggy and enough boozie fruitcake and other good spirits to get you through.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for you! Just do the best you can - and remember, when you're stressed it's okay to let off a little steam!

    ReplyDelete