Monday, September 30, 2024

Starting Over

 

I took this perfectly nice quilt top.....




...and almost ruined it by machine quilting it. 




I thought I would get fancy with it but I made a mess out of it. Fancy is beyond my skill level.





I had spent more time picking out what I had done than quilting it but at a certain point I declared it done and threw it in the wash and then packed it away.





I thought I had made peace with what was left of that wonkiness but it seems I wasn't. When I took it out to use it yesterday I couldn't stand looking at it so I spent the day picking out all that wonkiness once again. What comes next, I'm not sure. I'll have to think of something.











4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! So sorry your plan did not work. That's a lot of un-picking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sewing quilt tops but know my limit. No patience here or talent for quilting so I send to long arm quilter. Saves my aggravation. Cheers Cheryl. Aka seajaes on ravelry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm so sorry! I know that feeling and it is not fun. I hope today is a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fancy" isn't for you, huh? LOL.

    ReplyDelete