Monday, September 9, 2024

The Sound of Silence

 

All summer long the TV has been keeping us company while we worked away on the downstairs. First it was the Tour, then it was the Olympics and finally it was the 
La Vuelta a Espana. Yesterday was the end of the Tour of Spain so it's going to be a weirdly quiet morning.



 I didn't get much done during these three weeks of racing but I did finish plying the merino that I spun on a drop spindle. It's a lot. I'm going to have make something big out of it. 




I spun three of the little one ounce merino nests I blended on the carder. I need one more ounce before I'll get around to plying it. 





I only had one wind off in three weeks with the Polwarth/silk but I admit I wasn't terribly motivated. Trying to keep up with the housework and the work on the downstairs has been a challenge-with no end in sight.



And I guess I hit a nerve with my Canadian blog buddies with this yarn post yesterday. I had to laugh at the amount of cringe I inflicted. Sorry.











5 comments:

  1. The red yarn is lovely. Enough for a sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That big skein of red yarn certainly looks like an accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, pretty fiber. You did get a lot done while still doing construction. I don't know how you get so many crafty things done.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful spinning! I hope you find a nice noise to fill the space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red, hand spun yarn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete