Sunday, September 29, 2024

Rest in Pieces



I had a Maggie Smith movie marathon the night we heard of her passing and noticed in several scenes in the film From Time to Time she was English paper piecing a quilt. 




Ages ago, I made a tiny mini display quilt from a kit that used that same pattern which is called Patchwork of the Crosses.




I liked it so much that I made another one for Christmas and......





...I also started a full sized quilt with some scraps...but here it lies untouched for years. I'm going to sit it next to Dear Jane and see what happens. It couldn't hurt.

 







5 comments:

  1. Mandy called me and told me the news about Maggie Smith. We all loved her, all of our kids too. She was a woman of many talents and will be sorely missed.
    I really need to check into english paper piecing and maybe given it a try someday. I sure like the results whenever I see it.
    Blessings and love,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 'finding' knitting and quilting in movies! I admire your work on the hand piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie Smith was a national treasure here in the UK. She is in one my all time favourite films Gosford Park which was largely unscripted, her lines are classic Maggie.

    Enjoy your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sad when I heard she was gone. She's one of my absolute favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't been alone in celebrating her work.

    ReplyDelete