Friday, September 27, 2024

Friday Finishes

 

The ginormous sock yarn scarf is dry and has had a haircut. 



All the ends from the color changes had to be cut off and the fringe evened up.





Ta da.....it doesn't looks so big when you have it on it. The Mister says it's a wrap and not a scarf and I think he's right. 



The whole time I was working on it I never noticed the pattern that was emerging. I first saw it when I got it wet. It's very pretty-and a big surprise. I thought I was doing a rather plain weave but it doesn't look like it.  It looks a bit fancy.





The temperatures have cooled down here a bit to the 70's and low 80's but the humidity is still way up there making it unbearably muggy so my big experiment is tucked away until it's needed. November would be nice but I'm betting December. It's feeling like another one of those years where winter might just skip us again. 








No comments:

Post a Comment