Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday: October

 

It was a dark and gloomy week here so Peter Rabbit, with all those tiny and tedious color changes, got no attention. I did spend a lot of time with Matter's Choice and have practically finished the one side. In dim light, this black on white was no trouble at all to see or stitch.




It will be put away for the month of October so I can work on my witch sampler. I think my goal this year will be to finish that top box.





I didn't get Dear Jane assembled but I did get the pieces covered. It's going to need some appliqueing so I've got to get the foundation done first. 





And...it did work to put Patchwork of the Crosses on my Dear Jane work table. I've now got some assembly going on and a big pile of crosses. The top two will need eight pieces to finish them off and then I get to decide what I'm going to applique them down on. I better start shopping because I know I don't have anything in the stash that will work.









5 comments:

  1. Your stitching is lovely and it's a real shame you have to go fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two pieces are perfect October stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your witch sampler is awesome! I hope it get finished before being put away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check out the solid bolt fabric at Missouri star for the background of your applique blocks. It's handy to have a whole bolt of fabric on hand for projects like that. I keep a few in stock in my studio - white, bone (light off white) eggshell (cream), and black. They are great basic backgrounds for almost any quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty stitching! The hand stitching blocks are coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete