Thursday, October 24, 2024

A Birthday Girl

 

How it started.



How it's going. Today is someone's 11th birthday. It seems like just yesterday that I brought her home after seeing that photo on Ebay classifieds. My 18 year old Yorkie had gone over Rainbow Bridge a few months before and the rescue I was in the process of adopting passed away from a heart ailment before I even met her. Pup cured that twice broken heart. 





After the health scare we had a couple of weeks ago, we've been making every minute count with her. What she likes best is to go for a walk so we took advantage of the good weather and went for a long one yesterday. 





We packed her stroller and some snacks and walked the length of the old railway line that winds through the wetlands.






Even though it's just a few blocks from our house, we rarely walk the whole thing. We'd forgotten how much water is back there. We went home thinking about getting a canoe. 





End of the line. There's talk of extending the walkway even further. I think it's far enough as it is tbh. I was ready to turn around and head back.






The Mister pushed the stroller to give Pup's bum hip a rest now and then and I did some knit walking. It was a good day.











No comments:

Post a Comment