Sunday, October 6, 2024

Piling Up

 

Two weeks of down time hasn't been all bad. I've worked my way through a lot of Halloween movies. Things are starting to pile up at the door though. I've got the things I need for the holiday cards and for soap making (!) waiting for the all clear from the vet on Wednesday to let Pup back into her normal routine. 



Since my little loom is in the living area, I did break into the box with the new heddles. I thought that I would hate them but I like them. I might have to think about replacing all of them one day. 




I even got The Mister to help me carry the new warp over to the loom and lay it in place. All the things that come next will have to wait. I don't have the patience for it right now. 





It's been like living with a nauughty toddler for the past week. Pup thinks she can hide under the couch quilt and I won't find her to put on the dreaded zoot suit that protects her stitches from her scratching at them. I know all that hair growing back has to itch but I'm really not in the mood for anymore complications. 





We did get her out for a few minutes again yesterday morning so I could go to the Farmer's Market. I padded her shirt so I could put her harness on long enough to pick up some squash and corn and she behaved better than she did on Friday. I know she's bored. I know I'm bored. We are ALL ready for this adventure to be over. 











4 comments:

  1. At least it doesn't seem as bad as the Great Mange Event! (I hope I'm remembering it correctly as mange)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOTHING has been worse than the Great Mange Event. There are only a few people on the planet I would wish that on.

      Delete
  2. The new warp looks pretty laying on the loom waiting for you!!! I'm glad you thought of padding the area for the harness to work--the outing had to do you both good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The suit has to be better than wearing a cone!

    ReplyDelete