Monday, October 7, 2024

King for a Day

 

Since it's Spooky Season and I'm still on Pup watch, I spent the day with this guy.



He introduced me to her....




...and It. One and Two. I'm a newbie to the whole horror movie genre and I'm not sure this was a good place to start but...




...I did like this one. Of course, I watched them all in the way that drives The Mister nuts. With my eyes on my knitting for the most part. It's the only way. 




Speaking of knitting, I got the front band finished on the gray blob but I can't celebrate yet because I still have to figure out how to bind off double knitting. 




And....I got everything sorted out on the loom and can now start threading. 




I think I'll do it tomorrow while I "watch" this guy. This one I've seen before. This one I like.











9 comments:

  1. More power to ya! I love a good murder mystery but I've never enjoyed a 'thriller'-I think they are too intense/crazy! lol Glad you finished your knitting and another step in threading the loom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horror movies are okay as long as I know there's a (mostly) okay ending. That said, I can't recommend Cujo or Pet Sematary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No horror movies for me...not anything I want to see (or hear). Hoping Pup continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge horror fan, but there are a couple I like. Misery was awesome. I prefer the IT mini series with Tim Curry - because seriously... TIM CURRY!!!
    Carrie was the first one I ever saw - I have very clear memories of being curled up in Mom's bed with her (Dad was away moose hunting) watching it...I think I was only seven or eight.
    Christine, of course, is a staple around here because of the car (but Dave LOVES horror).
    I can also recommend Needful Thing - I think it came out in the 90s and stars Gabriel Byrne (another of my fave actors).
    Dave 100% recommends the Shining.. he watches it a couple times a year.
    If we're going for Jack Nicholson, I much prefer One Flew Over The Cuckoos nest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Tim Curry too. I have to watch Rocky Horror at least once a year and admit to having a thing for Frank N Furter.

      Delete
  5. I can't watch horror, I just can't. Except Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son just started reading _Salem's_Lot_, and he watched and enjoyed "Misery" not too long ago. The time of year for Stephen King,it would appear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m not a fan of horror movies at all, but I do watch TV with one eye on whatever I’m doing, knitting at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can read a good horror book, but refuse to watch horror movies.

    ReplyDelete