Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

I gave myself the whole month of October to finish that top box on the Halloween sampler and I got it done in one week thanks to being on Pup watch. I also stitched in more fences and finished the big tree. There's still a lot of fill work at the bottom so I'm far from the finish line. 



I've got all the pieces sewn together on Dear Jane but I still have to tuck in those dog ears and applique it down on the bottom piece. 




I spent the weekend obsessively working on the Patchwork of the Crosses quilt blocks. I have four finished, a big pile of partially finished ones and some sore fingers. I need to dig out my thimbles.  




And...you all had me laughing at your comments about horror movies. When I was a young teen I got dropped off to see the perfectly silly Two on a Guillotine with some friends. After the first jump scare I spent the rest of the time in the ladies room. I never lived it down and never really cared for the genre anymore after that. 




Having said that, I did watch The Shining and Dr. Sleep yesterday. That kid deserved all the prizes. 




But the big prize should have gone to Shelly Duval's wardrobe. This sweater in particular. I wish I could have found a better photo of it because now I want one. It's a cardigan. It's big and squishy and it's obviously Icelandic. The pattern has to be out there somewhere.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment