Friday, October 11, 2024

You Don't Know Jack

 

Well, some of you might. He's been around for a lot of Halloweens. I take him out for a few weeks and then put him away when it's time to take out the turkey. He's out now.


Since I've got seasonal October, November and December rugs to work on, Spiral Chicken won't show back up for a while. I did make some headway on her this year.



Speaking of pumpkins, the ice cream shop on the boardwalk has PUMPKIN ICE CREAM. I live for pumpkin ice cream even though ice cream and I don't get along as a rule anymore but I will make an exception for it, one tiny spoonful at a time. This pint will last me until the New Year.




And....I can cross seeing the aurora off my bucket list. Like most of the US it came dancing over us late last night. 




We didn't get the lively technicolor version that the folks up north got but what we did get was darn pretty while it lasted. 














2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your pumpkin ice cream! I looked for the Northern Lights twice last night and even used my camera since it was supposed to be more sensitive than my eyes, but I didn't see anything here. Guess I'll have to travel to really see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack and Spiral Chicken would be difficult for me to put away. I hope you can make considerable progress on them this year.

    ReplyDelete