Thursday, October 3, 2024

Stripes or Plaid

 

I finished winding the warp for the towels that were supposed to be my summer project but I ran into a slight problem.



I'm really pushing the limit to what my little loom can do so when I did the heddle count for this particular draft I realized I was 13 short. Heddles are those metal things with slots that you stick the yarn through. The kind I have on the Wolf Pup are discontinued so I had to order some different ones. Now it all sits and waits until they get here.





On the bright side, this will give me time to decide whether I want to weave towel number 2 which is a stripe pattern or number 3 which is the plaid. Number 2 has only one color weft so it will be easier and faster than all those color changes in Number 3. I like the plaid more but I'm feeling lazy after all those color changes I had to deal with in the Big Sock Scarf adventure. Maybe a bit more time will get me motivated again. We'll see. 





4 comments:

  1. Both towels are lovely and I'm impressed by those giant heddle clothespins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the plaid, too, but choose what's easiest for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the warp is so pretty on the warping board! I definitely like the striped towel better--sorry for the delay waiting for the order of new heddles!

    ReplyDelete