Thursday, October 10, 2024

Freedom!

 

It's been a long two weeks but Pup is finally free from her stitches. The vet took them out yesterday. I know she's glad. I know I am. Life can finally get back to normal around here. 




The first thing we did was put her on her leash and let her run on the beach. It was one of those sparkly days when the water looks like diamonds. Unlike our friends to the south, the weather has been perfect here this week.





The wetlands we walk through to get to the little beach are just starting to show signs of fall. We were surprised to see that the gully that leads the water back to the bay was dug out. It wasn't the last time we were here.




The high tides we've been having had pushed the sand up to the wetlands and there was no way for the water to escape. A mother and her two little boys had just finished digging it all out. They were very proud of their accomplishment. We were impressed but wondered how long Mother Nature was going to let this correction stand. 




Back at home, I'm finally giving in to fall by filling my candy jar with some seasonal favorites. Yes, I like candy corn. In fact, I love it. Fight me. 









7 comments:

  1. Hooray for you and Pup! I'm glad to see you're celebrating with candy corn and caramels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet that it's just random locals that take it upon themselves to keep the gully open!

    I can tolerate candy corn - but those caramel squares... those are a definite favourite! And Halloween kisses... but only if they are fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pup = happy home! Keep the candy corn; I’ll enjoy the caramels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the face of a happy, happy Pup.

    I've never cared for candy corn, but one year I found some made with honey that was delicious. I haven't seen it since.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that Pup is doing well, enjoy your freedom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No fight from me on the candy corn. You can have it all. Just save me all the Kit Kats.

    ReplyDelete