Wednesday, October 23, 2024

Wednesday WIPs: Unacceptable

 

I'm hopping mad. I've been hopping mad all week because a yarn company whose name rhymes with Timmy Dean has been sitting on my yarn order for 8 days now. I had the opportunity to try the last Gray Blob on its recipient last week and the sleeves were too tight. I ordered more yarn to re-knit the sleeves from the elbows down from the only shop that had it and I've been waiting....and waiting. They just notified me that the shipping label has been printed. Whoopie....I suppose. 



I ordered this yarn from WEBs at the same time and it's been here for days and is already wound up and ready to be a warp for another scarf for The Mister.




Since there is nothing to do but wait, I started a hat that matches Riddari. I wore the sweater on a few cold mornings and realized I had no head gear that worked with it and this was a quick fix. I cheated those horrible 3 color rows and you'd never know it. I wish I had done that on the sweater. 





I also cast on another pair of socks in the Lasagna Cat colorway of Static. I love it. 





And.....I've got Bon Amie back out in the living area where I can't pretend it doesn't exist. My goal is one row a day to start and we'll see where that takes me. Timmy Dean says the yarn for the blob might be here Saturday. We'll see. 










4 comments:

  1. It sure can be frustrating waiting...but at least you have plenty of other things to occupy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so used to Amazon's ability to get orders to us in a few days that it seems like others take forever! Sorry. Will that sweater ever be done?!?! The new hat is gorgeous! The socks look like fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so frustrating. I feel you. The bulb company just took almost a month to mail my bulb order - I just got it yesterday! I'm running out of time to plant!!!

    You're also really making me wish I'd bought some of that Lasagna Cat yarn!

    ReplyDelete