Monday, July 31, 2023

A Change of Season In a Box

 

As predicted we noticibly cooled off yesterday but it came at a cost for those just north of us. Like Valerie up in Canada last week, the DC area suffered one of those down burst things resulting in lots of destruction and power outages. It whipped up here for a few minutes but we really only got the downpour and the thunder. What I did get in the middle of all that rain was this box.



There was a change of season in it alright. I've got five fall scents and two winter scents to play with. Now I need to inventory my other supplies, get them ordered and get back in business making some soap.




I went with the supplier of the spring/summer scents and although I wasn't too fond of them at first they did grow on me. They also come in a smaller bottle than my old supplier which is a plus since I hate having to discard  leftover fragrance oils. They are not something you can just throw in the trash. Along with the fragrances they sent me a pretty pink sample of mica and this card. I've seen this meme used for a lot of things but never for soap. 





And.......the black vultures aren't the only thing helping me keep leftover stinky kitty food out of the trash this summer. Mr/Miss Turtle has also been a member of the clean plate club. I've seen our outdoor kitty, the turtle and the vulture all eating side by side. I've just never been fast enough to get a photo of it. 



5 comments:

  1. It would be amazing to see the turtle, vulture and cat all eating together! Have fun with the soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laughed out loud at that card! :-) It's hilarious. I can just see you in your soap "lab" mixing up your potions.
    That turtle is so cute. Like Vera said, a photo of all three would be amazing.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! That's an eastern box turtle! How cute!!!

    I'm afraid those severe thunderstorms are just going to be part of life now.
    We were hot and humid until Saturday. It's now perfect summer weather, but I know it won't last. It will get gross and sticky again soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to think of new soaps to cook up! The turtle is adorable eating the cat food!

    ReplyDelete