Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The Summer of Soccer Socks

 

I had no socks on the needles and I've been reading everyone's Summer of Socks posts so I came down with a bad case of startitis the other day. I've been watching late night and early morning Women's World Cup games so I needed something to keep my hands busy. 



First I cast on some Felici in the Olive Juice colorway in a man size. I used doublepoints because I have a tendency to ladder Felici with Magic Loop for some reason. 




Then I picked up a ball of Regia's Arne and Carlos Lofoten colorway and cast on a ladies size. I can Magic Loop the heck out of Regia-which is my favorite way to knit socks anymore. 





Finally in a midnight case of insanity I got the bug to cast on two at a time on the same needle using the Knit Picks Muse in the Presence colorway that I just bought. It almost went in the trash. It took me over an hour and a half to untangle and wind up the skein which was no fun that late at night. I have no idea how such a well tied off skein managed to get itself so mixed up but it did and it was a painful to sit there and untangle it inch by inch so I could wind it up. I can say that this yarn has a lot of energy in it. It twists back on itself so that may have been why it was so naughty. All's well now and it might not be the last of the casting on. I've always wanted to knit two different socks on one needle and if I can find another 40 inch one lying around here somewhere I just may try it-for a laugh





6 comments:

  1. You've got some lovely starts there - very pretty yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good start. I hate when yarn misbehaves even before you start knitting. UGH. But, it looks like you showed that yarn who is boss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-that is a great case of startitis!!! lol Lovely choices that will go smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that last yarn might have been a pain - but it's gorgeous!
    I'm trying not to cast any socks on until I finish the body on the grey blob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many beautiful socks! I've tried two at a time on one needle and magic loop too, but I always end up going back to dpn's. They're the most comfortable for me. But I had using them while traveling because I'm terrified of dropping a needle and losing it. I've done it a few times and my needles are too expensive to just keep dropping them into the abyss.
    I which I could master magic loop.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great socks! I love the Olive Juice striping.

    ReplyDelete