Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wednesday Wandering

 

The Mister has a friend that has a big garden and he goes on vacation every year and tells us to go pick whatever we want while he's gone. We didn't even have to pick this year. He left us all this on the porch.



We took a wander through the sunflower ringed garden anyway just to check things out and .....




...in row after row of tomato plants I found the mother lode of green tomatoes. He wouldn't miss a few so I helped myself to a couple for dinner. 




It's a huge garden surrounded by fruit trees. 



Well hello there. That's new. What a cute little shed tucked behind the garden. I get a bad case of house envy whenever I go over there. It's an amazing new house with an amazing yard in an amazing neighborhood. 





Back at home I unpacked it all and was overwhelmed. That's a lot of veggies. 




In no time I had some zucchini bread in the oven. Roasted yellow squash, fried green tomatoes and a big pot of ratatouille was for dinner. Maybe I just found one more thing I don't hate about summer. 










5 comments:

  1. Garden fresh produce is the best! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a bounty!!! And what a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn’t summer great? Love all the fresh veggies.
    Enjoy and stay cool.😎 xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a dinner of fresh veggies! Great job on the bread!!!

    ReplyDelete