Monday, July 10, 2023

To Market

 

We haven't been to our local farmer's market in ages. It used to be Friday night but now it's early Saturday morning which isn't as much fun but this week The Mister decided he wanted to get up and go before it got too hot. 



I go for all the beautiful veggies but he goes for the.......




...baked goods. The local Amish community puts on quite a display of goodies at very reasonable prices and The Mister will fill a bag full of little cakes and pies to bring home. 




Before we went we took Pup for a walk at the beach and noticed lots of ladies carrying the most gorgeous bouquets. I thought there might be a wedding in town but it was from the Amish stand. They were selling these enormous mixed bouquets for $8. My cats would make short work of one so I passed but did stop to admire them. It was an amazing display. 




And......I have to hand it to Comcast. Those techs did not give up on me. They kept calling back all day and night asking us to try this or that as they fiddled with things at their end. Nothing worked but when I got up yesterday morning the blue light was indeed back on the cable box. I got to see yesterday's grueling but terribly exciting stage up the mountains in all its glory. As great as that was I'm more than happy that today is a rest day-and I'm sure the riders are too. 







3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous veggies and flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Farmers Market selections are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Farmer's Market is always a great place to visit! Love the flowers, too!

    ReplyDelete