Monday, July 3, 2023

All Wound Up

 

After I had spun all that I felt like spinning over the weekend I worked on winding up all those skeins of that Corridale that I had dyed and spun over the winter that was in the Garter Squish bag. 


I had forgotten how much of it there was. 


I wanted some brighter colors to add to the vintage handspun I had rescued from the handspun bin. You hold two strands together for the Garter Squish to get that tweedy look. 



When I picked it up to knit a few rows for the first time in forever I realized I had forgotten how to do the i-cord edge. After looking at the pattern it didn't take long to figure it out. There couldn't be anything easier. 






7 comments:

  1. Such pretty colors. How big is your garter squish now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not big enough...lol! I think it's about 4 feet wide so I want it at least 5 feet long. Maybe 6?

      Delete
  2. Nice way to use up those handspun beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarns you wound up look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice results of all that spinning! I-cord is fun, isn't it? And it makes a nice edge, too. I love the colors in your garter squish. Now I need to find that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is going to be so warm and snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Garter stitch is indeed squishy. The pattern was well named. Your blanket is going to be gorgeous after you add all the colors.

    ReplyDelete