Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Tiny Needle Tuesday

 

I now have a tiny needle corner. It's where the soap used to be. Now that mess is downstairs with the other messy things. 




As I was moving the stitching stuff upstairs I found this. 




Inside were some very old projects that never were finished. 




This one in particular got my attention. I had started it for a friend who was just diagnosed with breast cancer but that's as far as I got before......well. You know. It's a terrible disease. Last week I was also reeling from some terrible news about another friend. Her 39 year old son, her only child, collapsed and died from a pulmonary embolism. No warning. Just gone. A week later her husband collapsed at their son's funeral and died later at the hospital. No warning. Just gone. We were making plans for a reunion of the ladies I lunch with from our old school at the time. We've postponed it until the fall since we are all still in shock. Life changes in an instant. Every moment is a gift. 



6 comments:

  1. Oh! My! Tears! Now, prayers! Shock and sad.
    Count your blessings. Life is fragile. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for such a sad cercumstance for your friend!!! Life is sure a gift...
    The stitching area looks inviting and a nice find of old projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, your little stitching area is wonderful. Such a nice place to keep everything. But, oh my gosh, so much tragedy. How horrible for your friend. I will be praying for her.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's hard. We are such fragile creatures. Every day really is a gift.

    ReplyDelete