Thursday, July 13, 2023

Getting It Right

 

My summer placemats have been sitting here waiting to get quilted for weeks. I just couldn't find the right backing material. The one on the left from Connecting Threads? Nope. The one on the right from Missouri Star? Nope. I had bought the collection from Missouri Star last year but it was sold out. 



After a very long online search I finally found another quilt shop that was still selling the fabric from the original collection and they were right here in Maryland. I did an online order and it was here in a flash. 




I had better luck finding some striped binding material that would work with The Big Ugly quilt. I think that's just about perfect.





4 comments:

  1. The fabrics are perfect for the quilt and placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I need to do with some of my fabric. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful choices. Picking the perfect backing and binding is one of my favourite parts of quilting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job to wait for just the right fabrics for each of the projects! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete