Sunday, July 23, 2023

Aux Champs-Elysées

 

Whew...what a three week ride it's been and what a morning. I got up at 6 to watch the France women's team play Jamaica then watched the first stage of the Tour de France Femmes and then the last stage of the men's. I've got way too much to show for the past three weeks. I'm supposed to be depleting my handspun stash and now look what I get to add to it. 



I wish I could work as quickly on my spindle projects because this is their THIRD YEAR with the same fiber and I'm sick of them. I am going to try to continue watching the TdF Femmes but I will ONLY be using the spindles during the remaining 7 stages. The Barbie BFL on the Ladybug will have to wait.  I'm in no hurry to finish it. 




The big loser is the Garter Squish. Who knew we would have the hottest temps in the recorded history of the planet this month? Honestly, it's not been that terribly hotter than normal here but hearing about it all day makes it seem so. 
I'm usually totally bummed on the Monday after the Tour but this year I have the Ladies World Cup to give me an excuse to ignore any and all housework and play with my toys. It's going to be the Summer of Soccer Socks around here starting tomorrow. I'll tell you about it later. 


4 comments:

  1. Nice work during the Tour! Isn't it fun to challenge ourselves to get that fiber turned into yarn! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Summer of Soccer socks sounds like fun. Looking forward to seeing what you knit up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did get a lot done during the Tour. And now Soccer! I'm staying inside too because it's so hot and I have tons of knitting and crochet to get done in the next week.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel too bad - Garter Squish will have cooler temps soon enough and then she'll see some love!

    ReplyDelete