Sunday, July 2, 2023

Boo!

 

No, I haven't decorated for Halloween early this year. That's my tomatoes in their deer deterrent bags. The deer have finally discovered my hostas and are coming up at night to snack on them so I realized I better do something about those baby tomato plants that I've invested a small fortune in.


The total so far is three grow bags, three deer deterrent bags, three bags of potting soil and a bag of bone meal. The plants cost all of $4. Everything else adds up to around $50 so far. Do you want to bet I don't even get $10 worth of tomatoes? It would be an easy win. But just look at my plants. They were a sickly mess on clearance a week ago and now they look green and strong. They may not produce a thing but it's worth it just to see them all so happy. 



And.....we hit another milestone here this week in The Mister's recovery. He said that when he could finally sit at the table he was going to get himself a box of crabs so he did. It was the first time he sat in our dining room chairs without a mound of pillows or needing my help to get back up. He sat there for a couple of hours happily cracking away. I think we can finally declare it all over-and a victory. It was rough couple of months but he's saying it was worth it. Now he's saying he wants his knees done. I dunno.....


4 comments:

  1. Good luck on those tomatoes. They sure get a lot of love. Hopefully, they appreciate it and give you lots of 'maters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take much for plants to respond so well to tender-loving care! Good job. Those crabs look delicious--what a celebration meal! (No more surgeries this year--one a year is my rule! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure wish we could grow tomatoes here. The nights are cool, so they just stay green! Deer love to visit our yard, too, and most recently, they pruned almost all of our lilies. Hope the spray we got protects the rest! Glad Dennis is feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My tomato plants are big and thick, but only one is starting to get flowers. I'm actually suspecting that I got two different plants (they are both suppose to be grape tomatoes) because they look suspiciously different in leaf shape... time will tell I suppose

    ReplyDelete