Thursday, July 20, 2023

A Case of the Blues

 

These are the blues I'm talking about. I've been playing with my cotton cones for over a week now trying to pick out one light, one dark and two medium tones to start a new warp for the loom. I'm not having any luck trying to decide and I need to decide because....



...the warp I had on the warping board is no more. Every time I walked past it I hated it more and more so it's history. That's where all the blues came in. Same pattern, different colors. 





I took my first baby steps with what is on the loom the week before. It's a more complicated pattern than I've been doing so I'm taking my time. I wasn't too sure about it at first because it looked kinda strange but.....




With more repetition I can see where it's going. I'm glad I stuck with it. 




Trying to keep my place with the treadling order has been a real challenge. I'm using clothespins to mark off every 4 passes so I don't get lost. Now I just have to remember to move the clothespins which is a challenge in itself. My old brain can't keep track of much anymore. The Mister and I have a good laugh every day over the stupid stuff we do. As much as you say this getting old thing won't happen to you-it does and growing into to an old person is hard work. It helps to have a sense of humor. 




 





4 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous pattern. Now I really wish I knew how to weave and that my back would cooperate.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are singing my song. All of the sudden words are hard. Things I know I know and can't come up with .... it's hard. Used to ACE Jeopardy and now .............well, I just don't.

    Your new towel pattern looks tricky and very, VERY beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure humor is the key!! I'm right there with you. That is a very pretty pattern by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful weaving and weaving cones for the next towel! Yes, aging is a real joy and challenge! lol

    ReplyDelete