Thursday, July 6, 2023

Early Bird

 

I've been getting up at 6 to watch the Tour every morning. I spin a little then we take Pup out for a walk at the beach when the riders still have a ways to go so I can get back to spin until the stage finish. 



Getting up early is nice but it doesn't leave me much energy or patience in the afternoons. I seriously goofed up the threading on the loom and had to pull it all out and start over. I was not happy. 





I use clothespins and then tie off the bundles with thread to know where I am in the pattern but even with all those fail-safes I missed a section in the middle. When I got to the end and had threads left over I knew I was in trouble.




It took me a couple of days to get it straightened out but only time will tell if I got it right this time. Hopefully I'll get this tied on and be able to start weaving by this weekend. If I can keep my eyes open. By the time the Tour is over every morning all I want to do is climb back in bed for the day.
 


2 comments:

  1. I am usually up between 5 and 6 each morning - years of getting up like that for work. It is my favorite time of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will need to make a little nap time early afternoon to ease you into a full day starting so early!

    ReplyDelete