Sunday, July 16, 2023

Dog Days

 

There's only one good thing about summer. Fried green tomatoes. The Mister brought these home from the local produce shop after therapy last week.




I would say a second good thing about summer might be growing things but it's so hot, muggy and buggy out there that my own tomatoes are pretty much on their own. I don't think they have a snowball's chance in Hades of surviving but miracles do happen.




The dumbest thing about summer is that after 30 years together, The Mister and I thought it would be a good idea to sneak off to the courthouse 13 years ago and get married on July 14th. That was the year we retired. It was blazing hot then and blazing hot now so every year we look at each other and say it's too hot to do anything special. Having said that, I did wake up to two new potholders The Mister made for me. I didn't get him anything but I suppose the fact that I didn't exterminate him during those 8 weeks that I had to wait on him night and day is gift enough-for now. 


7 comments:

  1. Our story is so similar to yours I had to comment. We were together about 30 years and got married because DH figured out we could retire if he could put me on his insurance (disabled veteran gets insurance for self and spouse). What a romantic proposal. We're married 18 years but almost never remember to celebrate even tho we married on my parents' anniversary so we wouldn't forget! Ha! Anyway happy anniversary to both of you, and many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, you are so funny! Happy, happy anniversary! I hope we will all have some cooler weather soon! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Those are nice looking pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary you two! Our weather has cooled into the upper 80's but it's still so humid here that there's no going outside any longer than you have to. You go from the car to the store to the car and back home. How did our ancestors do it with the heat and humidity?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny is right! I'm glad you both weathered the post-surgery marathon! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary! The pot holders are cute!!!

    Dave and I had been together something like 13 years before we got married. And we really only did it because I wanted pictures in a pretty white dress! We mark our anniversary from the day we met though. And we had to get married on the same day as our "meet" anniversary because Dave didn't want to have to remember another date, lol! (He still mixes my birthday up with my brother's...)

    ReplyDelete