Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tiny Needle August

 

I had some trouble with my little Hen Peck this week. I needed yellow and couldn't figure out which one I needed so I bought a lot of them.



The problem was that all the little flowers and the middle chicken were a linen color that matched the fabric so I decided to turn them yellow and it took a lot of experimenting and ripping out to get one I liked. I think I found one. Those blue flowers at the bottom were also supposed to be the same linen color. They aren't now. 


The Matter's House got a bit more fencing and the start of a tree that seems to go on forever. There's a lot more of it to do. 



The last thing I worked on this week was the Village Quaker. I''m just starting the big motif in the middle but first I had to stitch in a lot of doo dads. Getting them placed right was a challenge. It took me two tries because it seems that that whole bottom section is off a few rows. As awful as that sounds, I think I can still make it work. At least I hope so. 













6 comments:

  1. All your pieces look great! Matter's House is so nice...but I get bored stitching in just one color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like there isn't much more to go on your Quaker. Do I see a finish in the near future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish. There's another ring of little houses to go on the outside.

      Delete
  3. I really like them all! I can see why you would want to change the flower colors but that is a LOT of difference yellows.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The pops of yellow/gold will be perfect for the chicken stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm laughing at that pile of yellow because that's totally something I would do! In fact - I did - I can't remember what I was stitching, but I needed purple (it wasn't the thistle - it was something older) - and I literally ordered in like 15 different purple skeins of floss!!!

    I think you picked the perfect one for the flowers!

    ReplyDelete