Thursday, August 31, 2023

Bye Bye August

 

Farewell August. I would be feeling pretty good about the end of summer if they hadn't just forecast 90 degree weather for next week. I guess it'll be more of the same old, same old-hiding from the heat and the humidity and trying to stay busy inside. I've got the Vuelta to watch and this fiber to spin. 



That fiber has been sitting on my shelf in a very tight little braid for a long, long time so it's going to be challenging because it's very stiff and compacted. I'm breaking it down into small sections and doing a lot of pre-drafting. 





And...look at this...I cast on another pair of socks. I've been wanting to cast on two different socks to knit on the same needle so I pulled two different Felicis. Then I realized that the first one I cast on, this one, was not Felici like at all. It was more of a gradient meaning it would be hard to matchy matchy with the second sock if I didn't knit them both at the same time. So I did. I'll have to try again later with that two different socks at a time thing. 



As for that messy soap I poured the day before....it's not so bad. It doesn't look like Earth Meets Sky. It looks like Earth Meets Water. I thought it might look like The Upsidesdown so I'll take it as a win. 




Right now I've got some Honeycrisp cooking in the incubator. It's the last of the fall scents but I'm not ready to stop making soap. I've just got my groove back. I'll have to go dig through the scent stash and see what I can come up with. 










8 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty - fibers, socks and soaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bright new socks--I find random red leaves here and I love it--that is what it reminds me of! We didn't cool down after the hurricane either...bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your recent soaps are so beautiful! I'm a blue fan and there's lots of that too, so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your soap turned out beautifully! It sounds like you are having so much fun experimenting with your various supplies. While our daytime temperatures are in the upper 80s/low 90s, the nighttime temperatures are finally wonderful. I even wore a (very) lightweight jacket when I walked at 6:00 a.m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you are still making your nice soaps! What pattern are you using for the socks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat fiber. I like the socks and the soap too. It's going to be really hot here again starting tomorrow. It was only 86 today and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. I'm hoping it will be cooler in London next week since there isn't much AC there. At least we'll be missing the high 90's that are predicted for here!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete