Wednesday, August 9, 2023

A Couple of Heels

 

Well, more than a couple. All of my Summer of Soccer Sox are having their heel flaps knit. I'm still getting up at 3 am and watching the games. I haven't missed one yet and I've got a bad case of jet lag. I'm not much of a daytime napper like The Mister but I can say I can't account for anything I've done after dinner for weeks. If I sit, I'm asleep. 



And....it's Daughter's birthday today. It's the big 40 for the baby of the family. Yikes. I'm not liking that at all. Those babies all grew up too fast...and flew too far away. 







7 comments:

  1. What a cutie pie! She is a doll. That smile is beautiful. When I first looked at the picture of your socks I saw baby pants! Isn't that hilarious.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw the photo that's exactly what I thought too!

      Delete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday to your daughter! Nice socks - I can't believe you get up in the middle of the night to watch women's soccer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize with the 'too far away' thought! It is hard not to have such easy pop-in visits. I think you are crazy to wake up at night for the soccer games! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you - my oldest niece is 21 this year... the youngest just turned 15. I feel like they were just babies yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your "little" one.

    ReplyDelete