Friday, August 18, 2023

In Pieces

 

The machine quilting is finally finished on the fall batik quilt. There was so much drama. When I tried to squiggle all over the last white border I kept catching the backing even though I had it pinned out. Lots of ripping, lots of cussing, lots of re-sewing. It was like a bad joke I was playing on myself. 



Then I had to tear the stash apart to try to find the material I had set aside for the binding. I never found it. I must have imagined it. Then I went online to try and buy something but had no luck finding anything I liked. I had to get out the batik scrap box and see if I had enough for a pieced border. 




I did. So now I'm cutting and sewing, cutting and sewing until I get enough to go around the whole blasted thing. I'm probably going to like this detour when it's all said and done but right now I'm just ticked off about having to do it. 


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Batik fabrics are some of the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the binding will be gorgeous when it is done but it is a slog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that scrappy binding is going to be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry it's been a pain for you, but goodness, it's going to be a stunner when you're done. I think it's beautiful and I'm glad that you found more fabric in the stash.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work despite the ripping! I've been fighting with a yarn project and am surprised that the yarn is surviving all the times it's been ripped out.

    ReplyDelete