Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Creatures of the Night

 

We've been living like vampires for the past week or so. We've been up all night watching the World Cup games and napping all day. Not because we planned on it but just because whenever we wake up in the middle of the night (which we do all the time) there is always a game on so why not put on some coffee and just stay up and watch. It's given me lots of sock knitting time because I never just sit and watch, I knit walk around the living room because I'm one of those rookie sports fans who wants everyone to win and I get all nervous no matter what's going on. My Regia Lofotens are growing nicely. I really like this colorway. 



The Felicis in Olive Juice are also heading to the heel very quickly.




The only time I sit is when I am working on Knit Pick's Muse being done two at a time on the same needle. I have walked a bit while trying to knit these together but it's tricky and at 4 am you don't want tricky.



I was serious about knitting two different yarns on the same needle. So much so I even ordered a new needle because I couldn't find any more 40 inch cables in a sock size. I am not a fan of the one I'm already using. It's too small a size. I like the fabric I get from a 2.50 mm and the one I am using is a 2.25 mm which makes for a denser sock. I still haven't found the yarn I want to use. I'm still digging through the stash trying to find two somethings that interest me enough to want to spend that much time and trouble with them.  











6 comments:

  1. You've got some mighty pretty socks to work on. I'm not a sports fan at all, so you won't find me watching sports in the middle of the night...let alone at any time during the day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful socks! But I am not sure about the waking up and watching sports in the middle of the night! lol I was just reading in the new KnitPicks catalog about finer needles and cables which I am going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're kidding?! You're up at night watching sports? Just joking. I know another couple that does the same thing. Not us. Neither of us is that interested in any sports. But I do love those socks. They're growing quickly. I'm not talented enough to do the two at a time on the needles, let alone two different colors. It will be fun to watch yours grow.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you walk and knit. I tried it a couple times and my tension went all to crap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work on the matching on all of those socks! What is your secret?

    ReplyDelete