Friday, August 11, 2023

An Unboxing

 

I confess to being addicted to watching soap people unboxing their stuff on social media. I've got nothing going on here right now so I thought we might unbox this latest delivery together. 



It's from my usual soap supply shop. They have free shipping if you spend $25 and that's a deal. 




What I needed most were the butters...shea and  cocoa. I also needed some castor oil. 




It wasn't a very big order because I still have a lot of oils leftover from my spring soap making adventure. 



What's this funny looking thing? 




It's the way they package their fragrance oils.  I only bought one because I just had a delivery of the smaller sized bottles from another vendor. I needed one more winter scent and I wanted one that was fresh and piney. This is a Yankee Candle knock off and it's perfect. Now I am just waiting for the lye to show up. It comes from a whole other vendor because I am picky about my lye. Nothing will ruin a batch quicker than bad lye-or a bad fragrance oil. Since I've got lots of new ones to try out Soap Week is going to be quite the adventure. 





6 comments:

  1. You have a fun time ahead of you. Soap making is a mystery to me but you have it mastered.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with all your new "toys".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always look forward to your soaping adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New craft supplies are always so exciting. Hope you have lots of fun experimenting with your new suppplies. Everything you show is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a ton of fun! I love the butters and castor oil in the soaps!

    ReplyDelete