Saturday, August 5, 2023

Full Speed Ahead

 

All the fiddly machine quilting of the fall batik quilt is done and I'm surprised at how fast it ended up going. Once I got into the groove it only took me four days of work to get it done. The outer border still needs to be finished but I am just going to stitch it in the ditch which should not take long at all. 



The hexie table runner is now in one piece. I am going to applique the whole thing down onto one piece of material before I sandwich it and I'm waiting for that material to show up since I had to order it. Now that I am thinking about it I should have ordered some backing material at the same time. Darn. 



And....The Mister and I had a big laugh yesterday when a Walmart order showed up. I've been looking everywhere for this Mexican hominy to make pozole and found it on the Walmart website. I apparently did not look at the size of the can because that is 6 POUNDS of hominy. The 14 oz tomato can is for scale. It's huge and I ordered TWO OF THEM. It seems you can freeze hominy after you open it so I predict a winter with plenty of spicy pozole and pinto bean stew ahead. 




6 comments:

  1. I like hominy in my chili. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a LOT of hominy! Good luck! Love the runner and quilt, what a lot of work! Beautiful!
    xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table runner is going to be amazing! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the piecing/quilting!!! The large can must've been a very big surprise! lol

    ReplyDelete