Thursday, September 14, 2023

Up and At Em

 

My respite time was short lived. Yesterday morning The Miraculously Healed Mister was up before dawn and ready to head out with Pup for a walk...sigh.



I'm not going to complain too much. Even though the humidity was still in the 90's the temperatures were only in the low 70's. There was even a bit of a cool breeze. The seagulls seemed to agree with me that it was a fine morning as they were gathered in great numbers everywhere you looked. 


Since we were out and back at such an early hour I had some time in the afternoon to tackle this after I vacuumed and scrubbed floors. 



The quilting equivalent to steeking is removing all those paper pieces. There was a lot to remove. 


It was scary at first and then it was fun. It took a while but they are all out. 



Now I get to applique the piece down on the backing fabric before I make a sandwich out of it so I can machine quilt it. It's a good thing I enjoy doing this because it's going to take a while. 







3 comments:

  1. I always wondered what happened to those pieces of paper. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying our cooler weather right now too. Windows wide open and I'm able to hear the wind chimes and water fountain on the balcony. Just lovely. I can"t imagine how much work that quilt will be but it will definitely be a work of art when finished. It's gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete