Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Sad Sack

 

I got up yesterday morning to find this pitiful sight in the lower level. The Mister was having back issues during the night and got up and slept in his recliner. He was pretty miserable, physically and emotionally. It's been like whack-a-mole with him lately. We fix one thing and another goes bad. He has no idea how he hurt his back. He's never had back issues before. He's looking at knee replacement in a couple of weeks and this does not bode well for his recovery. It could be another rocky road we are about to go down. Isn't old age fun.



As miserable as he was in that chair all day, I had a great time. The day before I had a meltdown because I never get any time to myself anymore. He's all go, go, go. Not on anything we need to be doing like finishing up the remodeling projects we started. Just driving around town running non-essential errands and walking the dog for the best part of the day. I'm over it. The heat kills me and then I have no energy for anything else when we get home. Yesterday I got to watch the whole stage of the Vuelta AND spin a little.  




When I got tired of spinning I also got to add a few rows on the twofers. I'm now past the kinky ball stage. What a good morning that was. I got to finish a cup of coffee for a change.




After lunch, a lunch where I got to actually sit down and eat (The Mister doesn't eat during the day so I always have to grab something on the run) I started working on a grime catcher for the Matter's House stitching project. I did find another bigger Q Snap type frame in my stitching stash but I didn't have a cover for it. 




I even had a few minutes to work on getting the warp threaded on the loom. It was the kind of day that reminded me what life was like in the summer, before we retired, when I'd be on summer break from school and The Mister had to go to work. Those were the days, my friends, those were the days.....










4 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Sorry to hear The Mister is having back issues - I hope it is nothing serious and clears up quickly. Your socks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you did get a lot done yesterday. I really like the color that you're spinning up. Dennis has now caught whatever bug I had. Mandy has a sore throat and Piper and Brad have been sick since last week, just like me. Then, I got a text during the night that apparently a wedding guest or two are testing positive for covid. Luckily we're all negative and I think I started our bug from our trip to London. The guy next to me was practically sitting in my lap, he was about 8 inches into my seat! He was also coughing the entire 9 hour flight. I'm sure that's where I got it. Oh well. We're home now and hopefully on the mend.
    I'm sorry to hear about The Mister's back problems. It's always something when we get to be our age isn't it?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate! My DH is having back issues also. He is having physical therapy and sees a spine doctor soon. Hope you guy feels a lot better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I commiserate with you!!! Dave always wants to go out and do stuff. But work is keeping me so busy, I just want to stay home in the evening and on the weekends. But if he doesn't get out of the house every other day, he gets miserable. It would be fine if he would go on his own, but he won't. So I have to go out when I have stuff to do at home!
    I do hope the Mister's back feels better soon though - back pain is no fun, as I well know!

    ReplyDelete