Friday, September 22, 2023

Storm Warning

 

We're still painting but every afternoon we try to get Pup out for a walk and clear our lungs of paint fumes. We ended up in the posh end of town yesterday because The Mister needed a jolt of coffee and his little local shop was closed. 




The boats at the fancy marina in that harbor make the boats in the one by our house look like something you'd play with in a bathtub. They are huge.




There are docks and docks of sailboats. On any given day, including the weekends, we hardly ever see a boat out in the bay. Like the boats in our marina they just sit in the water. How sad. 




Ta da....I put the last stitch on the toe of my stripey sock on this walk. 





Every stitch in both socks-minus the cast on row was knit while walking the dog. I only picked them up as I went out the door. I was trying to prove something to The Mister. He thinks it's silly that I take knitting along thinking I don't get much done that way. I cast these on August 29th which means they were finished in less than a month. That's a record for me-so I guess I proved him wrong. 





And.....while I was writing this post my phone and Echo blew up telling me about a tropical storm heading up the bay some time tonight. I don't think I can ever recall a tropical storm warning before. I'm not sure what to make of it. I guess I'm going to find out when it gets here. 












5 comments:

  1. Nice socks. I've never tried knitting while I walk but maybe I should. Maybe I would get more exercise that way! We see the same thing here with campers. So much money just sitting there.
    I didn't know a storm was heading your way either. I'll be praying for you all to be safe.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that tropical storm isn't too bad. The timing could not have been worse for us. It is supposed to hit Saturday morning around here. That's when Vera and I are supposed to go to a "mostly outside" fiber festival. Hope for the both of us...it turns out to be much ado about nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your ability to walk and knit!

    I was a little surprise to see the one that hit the east coast of Canada last week a "tropical" storm too. Hello climate change, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty socks. They look nautical and perfect for this post. Stay safe from the predicted storm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing that you can knit while you walk--love the socks and the story that goes with them! lol I hope the storm warnings come to naught.

    ReplyDelete