Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Loosey Goosey

 

The new weaving project is not going well. I spent yesterday morning tying and untying the warp ends because I couldn't get the sides to settle down and play nice. I'm also not wild about the pattern that's emerging.  I used the right sized cotton. I used the right sized reed but it all seems so loosey goosey. I've still got a long way to go before I even get into the pattern so I hope it's going to shape up.



I wish I had waited before I ordered the dark gray that I needed for the fall version of this same towel. Now I'm not so sure I want to go through all this again for something I'm not going to like. 




4 comments:

  1. Very pretty colors on your loom. Hope it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe when you wash it, it won't be so loosey-goosey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Weaving woes are the worst! I'm sorry it is being frustrating! You do know that the towels shrink a lot the first wash--the looser the more they shrink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are nice. Hopefully it will behave and you'll get the look you want.
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete