Saturday, September 23, 2023

Too Much Drama

 

The house is an uholy mess so all I wanted to do yesterday was to get the trim painted in the bedroom so we could move everything back in. I got one coat finished and then The Mister decided to change out the electrical outlets. Hours later we ended up calling a friend who does this for a living for help because we couldn't get the light switch to work. Instead of painting I got to play assistant which meant I did nothing really but sit there and commiserate. 



I did get to knit while I sat. I started a new pair. It's Regia and it's called Spring Fling. I don't see anything springy about it. I had taken them out for our walk down by the water with Pup but it was too windy. Ophelia is not even here yet but it's already pretty scary out there. Since tomorrow looks like a wash I'll have to finish that painting on Sunday-if the house is still here that is. The neighbors are all in a tizzy worrying about trees and flooding and.....that one of their houses was broken into the night before. Back here in the dark woods someone tried to smash out their lower level sliding glass door with a rock in the middle of the night. They didn't get in but gosh-that's scary.  




3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the electrical issues. That's never any fun and having a storm on the way doesn't help any does it? It's scary to think of attempted break-ins. It seems that crime is up everywhere right now. A lot of stuff happening around Omaha too. What is wrong with people?
    Be safe my friend.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tough one--the setback with electrical , I mean. The attempted burglary-just despicable! Beautiful new socks, though! Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Electricity can be complicated, can't it? Hope the switch is working now, and that you are staying safe! Looks like that sock will be pretty, but I agree that the color isn't too springy.

    ReplyDelete